HOLIDAY HARBOR MARINA
SCHOOL YEAR STARTING
With most school districts starting their year in August, we hope you are able to get on the water with the family before getting caught up in school and school-related activities. A day of boating and swimming would be a great way to cap off summer vacation for the family.
Get Marina and Grille apparel without paying state sales tax during the annual Florida sales tax holiday. Florida’s back-to-school tax-free holidays are Friday, August 2, 2019, through Tuesday, August 6, 2019. On those days you can buy most items of Marina and Grille apparel without having to pay the state 7.5% sales tax. Shirts, hats and visors will be sold tax-free on those days. This is an opportunity to get your souvenir apparel at a savings.
CUSTOMER RED SNAPPER TOURNAMENT RESULTS
“Thank you!” to our account customers who participated in our first annual red snapper tournament. Sixty-seven customers registered for a chance to win 5 prize packages. The winners and their prizes are:
- 1st - Ty Bass, 28.2 lbs. ($1,675 and choice of Costa Del Mar glasses)
- 2nd - Jay Chapman, 24.6 lbs. ($1,005 and 75 quart Magellan Cooler)
- 3rd - Ron Frick 23.2 lbs ($670, a Shimano tackle bag, and a bubba blade filet knife)
Wildcard Weight (Fish closest to the drawn weight of 12.4 lbs.)
- Troy Layton, 13.4 lbs. ($50 gift certificate to Sunset Grille and Frabill Bait Pen)
SSG Reservation for Two (Smallest legal length fish)
- Gerald Caruso, 2.2 lbs. ($50 gift certificate to Sunset Grille)
We plan to host a similar event for the 2020 red snapper season and invite all of our account customers to plan now to participate.
PLAN AHEAD >>>
- LABOR DAY WEEKEND: IMPORTANT – For Our Storage Customers
The Labor Day weekend, August 30 through September 2, is another busy period at Holiday Harbor. In order to help assure everyone has an enjoyable boating experience, we ask that dry storage customers:
- Call at least 2 hours before you want your boat placed in the water.
- Recognize that there is not enough dock space at the Marina for all launched boats to stay in the water during the holiday period. Therefore, boats returned before closing will be returned to dry storage daily and boats returned after closing will be returned to dry storage early the next morning.
- Know that all wet slips are rented on a quarterly or annual basis. Therefore, do not dock in wet slips. If you return after closing and the launch area is full, please use the fuel dock or the “T” dock used for docking at Sunset Grille. We will move your boat early the next morning. If you leave your boat out overnight and do not wish it returned to dry storage because you plan to use it the next day, please leave a message on the message board next to the office door. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- BLUE ANGELS HOMECOMING SHOW Since much of the Blue Angels Beach Show was cancelled due to weather, you may want to plan now for their Homecoming Show scheduled for November 8-9, 2019, with a fantastic night show on Friday. It’s not too early to plan for that weekend.
BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS
School will be starting soon! Celebrate the end of summer vacation by bringing the family to Sunset Grille for lunch or dinner. We have great food, great service and a fantastic atmosphere, including a boating-themed playground for the kids. We have frozen drinks suitable for every member of the family, including cold adult beverages for Mom and Dad while the kids play.
SCHOOL STARTING = FOOTBALL!
Are you ready for some FOOTBALL? The college football season kicks off on Saturday, August 24, with University of Florida vs. University of Miami. Sunset Grille has 6 big-screen TVs showing all of your favorite games. You can watch all of your teams compete while enjoying a delicious meal and drink.
PIE OF THE MONTH
The pie of the month is Sea Salt Carmel.