HOLIDAY HARBOR MARINA
END OF SUMMER?
While Labor Day brings the traditional end of summer, it does not bring an end to boating opportunities. Many consider September and October two of the best months for boating and fishing on the Gulf Coast. So, we hope to see you not only over the Labor Day weekend (September 2 – 4), but also during the Fall boating season.
LABOR DAY WEEKEND: IMPORTANT – For Our Storage Customers
The Labor Day weekend, September 2 – 4, is one of the busiest periods at Holiday Harbor. In order to help assure everyone has an enjoyable boating experience, we ask that dry storage customers:
- Call at least 2 hours before you want your boat placed in the water.
- Recognize that there is not enough dock space at the marina for all launched boats to stay in the water during the holiday period. Therefore, boats returned before closing will be return to dry storage daily and boats returned after closing will be returned to dry storage early the next morning.
- Know that all wet slips are rented on a quarterly or annual basis. Therefore, do not dock in wet slips. If you return after closing and the launch area is full, please use the fuel dock or the “T” dock used for docking at Sunset Grille. We will move your boat early the next morning. If you leave your boat out overnight and do not wish it returned to dry storage because you plan to use it the next day, please leave a message on the message board next to the office door. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
FISHING UPDATES (Snapper and Trigger Fish)
Red Snapper Season Open Labor Day Weekend
The 2017 recreational fishing season for red snapper will be open in federal and state waters on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, September 1 – 4, 2017, including Labor Day (the first Monday In September). Beginning September 5, 2017, red snapper season for 2017 will be closed.
- Further information on regulations for Florida waters and Federal waters, including open dates, gear requirements, size requirements and harvest limits, can be found at: http://myfwc.com/fishing/saltwater/recreational/snappers/
Grey Trigger Fish Season Opening Labor Day Weekend
A limited season for trigger fish will be on Labor Day weekend and selected days in September and October. Recreational gray triggerfish season will open to harvest in Gulf state waters (ONLY) September 1-4, 9 and 10, and October 7, 8, 14, and 15. The season remains closed in Gulf federal waters through Dec. 31, 2017.
- Further information on regulations for Florida waters, including open dates, gear requirements, size requirements and harvest limits, can be found at: http://myfwc.com/fishing/saltwater/recreational/triggerfish/
MARINE SERVICE AT HOLIDAY HARBOR
We are pleased to announce that Spectrum Marine Service and Repair is now our on-site service provider. Spectrum offers full service boat maintenance and repairs for all major brands, including electronics, carried out by factory trained and certified technicians. In addition to on-site service, they provide both dockside service and emergency response.
For information or to schedule an appointment, contact Spectrum owner Billy Garrison at 850-377-4644, or by contacting him in person at Holiday Harbor Marina.
PLAN AHEAD > > >
- BLUE ANGELS’ HOMECOMING SHOW is scheduled for November 10 – 11, 2017 (Friday and Saturday), with a fantastic night show on Friday. It’s not too early to plan for that weekend.
FOOTBALL IS BACK!
Are you ready for some FOOTBALL? The college football season kicked off on Saturday, August 26 and ends on January 8, 2018 with the national championship game in Atlanta, GA. Sunset Grille has 5 big-screen TVs showing all of your favorite games. You can watch all of your teams compete while enjoying a delicious meal and drink.
Grandparents’ day is September 10 (Sunday). Treat your grandparents to an enjoyable lunch or dinner at Sunset Grille.
PLAN AHEAD > > >
Sunset Grille hosts holiday parties and other special events between October 15 and February 1. Reservations are now being accepted for 2017-18. Contact us at: (850) 492-1063
The annual Sunset Grille Dog Run will be held November 4, at 3:00 p.m. at Sunset Grille. Plan now for you and your pooch to participate in this fun dog get-together.