SCHOOL YEAR STARTING
With most school districts starting their year in August, we hope you are able to get on the water with the family before getting caught up in school and school-related activities. A day of boating and swimming would be a great way to cap off summer for the family.
Get Marina and Grille apparel without paying state sales tax during the annual Florida sales tax holiday. Florida’s back-to-school tax-free holidays are Friday, August 7, 2020, through Sunday, August 9, 2020. On those days you can buy most items of Marina and Grille apparel without having to pay the state 7.5% sales tax. Shirts, hats and visors will be sold tax-free on those days. This is an opportunity to get your souvenir apparel at a savings.
CUSTOMER RED SNAPPER TOURNAMENT RESULTS
“Thank you!” to our account customers who participated in our second annual red snapper tournament. Despite the effect of the pandemic, 40 customers registered for a chance to win 5 prize packages. The winners and their prizes are:
- 1st - Ron Frick 23.6 lbs. ($1,000 and Costa Del Mar glasses)
- 2nd - Michael Turnbough 23.4 lbs. ($600 and 45 quart Yeti Cooler provided by Davidson Fuel)*
- 3rd - John McElhenney 23.2 lbs ($400, Boga grip, and Bubba Blade filet knife)
* As a current Sea Tow Member, Michael also will receive $500 from Sea Tow.
Wildcard Weight (Fish closest to the drawn weight of 11.6 lbs.)
- Ty Bass 11.8 lbs. ($50 gift certificate to Sunset Grille and Frabill bait pen)
SSG Reservation for Two (Smallest legal length fish)
- Scotty Morris, 2.0 lbs. ($50 gift certificate to Sunset Grille)
We plan to host a similar event for the 2021 red snapper season and invite all of our account customers to plan now to participate. We have extra 2020 tournament t-shirts available for purchase at our Main Marina and our North Store next to Sunset Grille. The artwork on this shirt was done by Alan Woolford, a well-known local marine artist.
PLAN AHEAD >>>
- LABOR DAY WEEKEND: IMPORTANT – For Our Storage Customers
The Labor Day weekend, September 4 through September 7, 2020 is another busy period at Holiday Harbor. In order to help assure everyone has an enjoyable boating experience, we ask that dry storage customers:
- Call at least 2 hours before you want your boat placed in the water.
- Recognize that there is not enough dock space at the Marina for all launched boats to stay in the water during the holiday period. Therefore, boats returned before closing will be returned to dry storage daily and boats returned after closing will be returned to dry storage early the next morning.
- Know that all wet slips are rented on a quarterly or annual basis. Therefore, do not dock in wet slips. If you return after closing and the launch area is full, please use the fuel dock or the “T” dock used for docking at Sunset Grille. We will move your boat early the next morning. If you leave your boat out overnight and do not wish it returned to dry storage because you plan to use it the next day, please leave a message on the message board next to the office door. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- BLUE ANGELS HOMECOMING SHOW Since the Blue Angels Beach Show was cancelled due to the pandemic, you may want to plan now for their Homecoming Show scheduled for October 16 -17, 2020. It’s not too early to plan for that weekend.
We will provide updates as they become available on the shows status on our website.
Sunset Grille is open for dine-in business, as well as take-out. We ask that customers maintain social distancing and take advantage of hand sanitizers conveniently located throughout the Grille.
BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS
School will be starting soon! Celebrate the end of summer by bringing the family to Sunset Grille for lunch or dinner. We have great food, great service and a fantastic atmosphere, including a boating-themed playground for the kids. Come by car or by boat
SCHOOL STARTING = FOOTBALL!
Are you ready for some FOOTBALL? Although the 2020 college football season will be quite different than prior years, there will still be games to be seen on TV. The season is currently scheduled to kick-off on Saturday, August 29. Sunset Grille has 6 big-screen TVs showing all of your favorite games that are broadcast. You can watch all of your teams compete while enjoying a delicious meal and drink.