HOLIDAY HARBOR MARINA
Major Boating Occasions
Three major boating occasions will occur during July:
- July 4th Weekend – This year Independence Day likely will be celebrated the entire week of June 30 (Friday) through July 9 (Sunday), with the 4th falling on Tuesday. This “long holiday week” provides a great opportunity to enjoy the water while celebrating the 241st birthday of our nation. (See: IMPORTANT – “For Our Storage Customers”, below.)
- Blue Angles’ Weekend – This year the annual Blue Angles’ show on Pensacola Beach is Saturday, July 8. But, there is more than one opportunity to see the Blues fly. The weekend’s activities at the beach will include:
- July 6 – Practice flight demonstration by the Blues at 2:00 p.m.
- July 7 -- Dress rehearsal with civilian acts (at noon) and the Blues at 2:00 p.m.
- July 8 – Full air show with civilian acts (at noon) and the Blues at 2:00 p.m.
An incredible experience, best seen from your boat!
· Red Snapper Season Extension – By agreement between the Federal Government and the five Gulf states, the red snapper season for recreational fishermen has been extended. The new rule announced June 14 will re-open the 2017 Federal recreational season for red snapper by private anglers on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from June 16, 2017, through Labor Day, September 4, 2017. During this time, the season will be closed Monday through Thursday with the exception of July 3, July 4, and September 4. By agreement, the five Gulf States will bring their 2017 state red snapper water seasons into alignment with this Federal-waters season. Therefore, state waters will be closed to red snapper fishing by recreational fishermen Mondays through Thursdays.
- Further information on regulations for Florida waters and Federal waters, including open dates, gear requirements, size requirements and harvest limits, can be found at: http://myfwc.com/fishing/saltwater/recreational/snappers/
Want to plan ahead? The annual Blue Angels Homecoming Show is scheduled for November 10-11, 2017, with a fantastic night show on Friday.
IMPORTANT – For Our Storage Customers
The long 4th of July celebration will make the period June 30 – July 11 the busiest period of the season at Holiday Harbor. In order to help assure everyone has an enjoyable boating experience, we ask that dry storage customers:
1. Call at least 2 hours before you want your boat placed in the water.
2. Recognize that there is not enough dock space at the marina for all launched boats to stay in the water during the holiday period. Therefore, boats returned before closing will be return to dry storage daily and boats returned after closing will be returned to dry storage early the next morning.
Know that all wet slips are rented on a quarterly or annual basis. Therefore, do not dock in wet slips. If you return after closing and the launch area is full, please use the fuel dock or the “T” dock used for docking at Sunset Grille. We will move your boat early the next morning. If you leave your boat out overnight and do not wish it returned to dry storage because you plan to use it the next day, please leave a message on the message board next to the office door. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Stop By for Food and Cold Beverages
When you are out for the July 4th celebration or Blue Angles’ weekend, stop by Sunset Grille for really good food and a cold beverage of your choice. You can come by car or by boat. And remember, we have a great playground for the kids to enjoy.
To help celebrate the week of July 4th, we have Firecracker drink special all that week for only $7.
For the Beer Drinkers
Coming soon to the bar—Blue Wahoos Blonde Ale in a can and Dos Pilotos on tap.