Longer Hours Starting May 9
To service customers better during the boating season, effective May 9, the Marina Office will be open longer hours. The new hours are:
Monday – Thursday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday – Sunday (and Holidays): 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Red Snapper Season
For 2016 the red snapper fishing season is different for Florida State and Alabama waters than for Federal waters.
1. Florida State Waters (from shore to 9 nautical miles in the Gulf): The 2016 recreational red snapper Florida Gulf state season is open on Saturdays and Sundays (only) beginning Saturday, May 7 until May 28, 2016. Beginning May 28 the season is open daily until July 10, 2016.
In Florida State Waters (only) the season will reopen in the fall on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays (and Labor Day) during September and October, 2016.
2. Alabama State Waters (are now from shore to 9 nautical miles in the Gulf): The 2016 recreational red snapper Alabama state season begins Friday, May 27 and last through July 21, 2016.
3. Federal Waters (9 nautical miles to about 200 nautical miles): The 2016 red snapper recreational season in federal waters in the Gulf of Mexico will be different for the two components of the recreational sector, as follows:
· Private Anglers: June 1, 2016 through June 9, 2016.
· Federal For-Hire Vessels: June 1, 2016 through July 17, 2016.
Complete information for Florida waters, including gear requirements, size and harvest limits, can be found at: http://myfwc.com/fishing/saltwater/recreational/snappers
New and Expanded Gift Shop
The gift shop at the marina office has been greatly expanded and includes new and unique gifts. We invite you to stop by and see all of the coastal apparel and other gift and souvenir items available. We are sure you will find something to take home as a memento of your visit.