Welcome Back to Summer!
The Memorial Day Weekend was the big kickoff for the summer boating season. It was great to see so many old and new friends return to Holiday Harbor Marina and Sunset Grille. We hope all of our customers and friends have a wonderful and safe summer. Please let us know if we can help make it so.
Longer Hours in Effect
To service customers better during the boating season, the Marina Office will be open longer hours during the summer. The hours for the main Marina Office are:
Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday – Sunday (and Holidays) 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Red Snapper Season
For 2016 the red snapper fishing season is different for Florida State and Alabama State waters than for Federal waters.
1. Florida State Waters (from shore to 9 nautical miles in the Gulf): The 2016 recreational red snapper Florida Gulf state season is open daily beginning June 1 until midnight July 10, 2016.
In Florida State Waters (only) the season will reopen in the fall on
Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays (and Labor Day) during September
and October, 2016.
2. Alabama State Waters (are now from shore to 9 nautical miles in the Gulf): The 2016 recreational red snapper Alabama state season began Friday, May 27 and last through July 21, 2016.
3. Federal Waters (9 nautical miles to about 200 nautical miles): The 2016 red snapper recreational season in federal waters in the Gulf of Mexico will be different for the two components of the recreational sector, as follows:
· Private Anglers: June 1, 2016 through June 9, 2016.
· Federal Permitted For-Hire Vessels: June 1, 2016 through July
Complete information for Florida waters, including gear requirements, size and harvest limits, can be found at:
Other Important Boating Events
Looking ahead, two big weekends are coming up in July:
· July 4 (Monday) – A long holiday weekend during which we salute this great nation we live in.
· July 15 and 16 (Friday and Saturday) -- Annual Blue Angels’ Pensacola Beach Air Show Rehearsal (15th) and Show (16th).
Please, call at least a day ahead to get on the schedule for a boat launch and related services.
Boat Safety Inspections Held
Holiday Harbor Marina sponsored a courtesy boat safety inspection preformed by the P
ensacola Sail and Power Squadron on May 16. Coast Guard Auxiliary members Bill Wickham and Mike Curci performed the inspections. Eleven Holiday Harbor customers took advantage of this free inspection and passed. Each boat owner received a boat sticker to show that their boat had passed the safety inspection.
We encourage all boat owners to have their boats inspected for legal and safety compliance.